Saturday, January 5, 2013

WOW... Maybe this might work?


Brian came home this morning. His step mom brought him over to get more clothes. So while he was gathering his stuff he needed her and I actually had a decent chat ( I really thought I hated that women for wrecking my family). BUT her and I actually spoke nicely to each other and she totally agrees with what I did. I told her I tried calling Brian's dad on Tuesday for help told her he told me he would call me back but never did. She said "that surprises you?"  I told her how every time I need help with the kids he is never there for me. She said she knew and was always after him about that.  She sees the favoritism too and doesn't like it, she said his parents do the same thing so he learned what he lived. 
At first I wasn't going to talk to her but then I decided to and I am glad I did. 
I told her I don't know what Brian told you but there are 2 sides to every story and here is mine....
When I was done telling her she said she agreed with what I did. That I did the right thing.
She told me he can stay there 3 days then he has to find some where else to go. 
While he is there though he has to look for a job.  I told her I was trying to make him look for one but he seems to think I am one big joke. 

So I am thinking maybe it is time to bury the axe with her and band together and help Brian even if his own dad won't. 

3 comments:

Connie said...

I hope he does look for work.But as long as people take him in,give him a meal and a warm spot to lay down,well you know. One day he will call and say,I love you,I'm sorry ,I've been an ass ,I want to come home and live by your rules. Out on your own isn't as FUN as they think and they come to realize it and deceide it's not the life they want, Many Hugs to you

Jeanie said...

That's a good step to take Sharon. Young people all over the world have gone through these 'rights of passage'and they sometimes have to do it on there own or outside their usual comfort zone. It is hard to sit by and watch this 'anger' and impatience with life, as they have known it, but in the end it helps to untie the the boy and release the man. Hang in there 'Mum'. It could take sme time but he will have to learn the hard way. He will eventually realise that you will always be there for him and welcome back the man. My heart goes out to you all as I know it can be a very trying time. God bless you all.
p.s. I'm so glad you have been able to speak with your ex's partner. That is one less bit of anger to deal with.
A quiet and calm life is wished for you soon. xxx

D said...

I am sending good thoughts.. prayers... and strength your way. I can only imagine how your heart hurts,.. stay strong.